Breakfast is one of my favorite meals of the day. On days when I know I will,
spend ages on my outfit, hair and makeup, be rushing out the door and breakfast will be at the bottom of my priority list I prepare a secret weapon the night-before. Behold; Overnight Oats. A perfect mix of creamy yogurt, your favorite fruit toppings and of course oats!
Click HERE to be redirected to Eatlivelove.it's new website <3
- 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
- 2/3 Cup Almond Milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon Greek/Low fat yogurt. (I like it plain but you can pick the flavor you like)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, vanilla essence or honey. (you can add whatever flavouring you like- My favourite is cinnamon)
- Fruit for topping
- You can add more or less milk and yoghurt depending on the texture you like the best.
- 5 minutes preparation, 4 hours (or overnight) to set, 5 minutes to eat!
- Mix all of the ingredients in an air tight container and leave in the fridge over night. (I like to use an empty jar or a Tupperware box)
- The next morning add on your toppings; yoghurt, fresh fruit, nuts, seeds, flax-seed etc.
*My FAVORITE topping is 1/2 apple and 1/2 banana chopped up and heated in the microwave for about 90sec. The hot fruit with the cold oats is amazing!
- Either eat them straight from the jar or pop them in a bowl.
- I like to layer mine in the jar (mostly because it looks pretty) Oats, yoghurt, fruit, repeat!
- Use a nearly empty peanut butter or jam jar so you get all the yummyness from the sides of the jar mixed with the oats!